1. Eligibility: The film must have been completed after January 1st, 2015.
2. Submission: Filmmakers must submit their films through the BAIFF website or a recognized film submission platform. The film must be submitted with a completed entry form.
3. Screening Format: The film must be submitted in a digital format compatible with BAIFF’s screening equipment. The acceptable formats include DCP, ProRes, and H.264/26, MP4 (preferred).
4. Costs: Reimbursement of any expenses incurred for the film’s entry in the BAIFF cannot be claimed under any circumstances or for any reason.
5. Selection Process: The selection of films for BAIFF will be at the sole discretion of the festival’s programming team. All filmmakers will be notified of their selection status via email by the notification date.
6. Festival Screening: Filmmakers selected for BAIFF must provide a digital copy of their film for festival screenings. The filmmaker is responsible for ensuring that the screening copy is of high quality and free of technical issues.
7. Permissions: Filmmakers are responsible for obtaining all necessary permissions, licenses, and releases for the use of copyrighted material, including music, images, and sound.
8. Publicity: Filmmakers selected for BAIFF grant the festival the right to use their names, likenesses, and film images for festival publicity and promotional purposes.
9. Liability: The filmmaker agrees to indemnify and hold BAIFF harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses arising from the screening of their film.
10. Disqualifications: BAIFF reserves the right to disqualify any film that fails to comply with the festival’s rules and regulations, or that is deemed inappropriate or offensive.
11. Withdrawal: Filmmakers may withdraw their film from consideration at any time by sending a written request to BAIFF.
12. Acceptance: Participation in BAIFF implies acceptance of all festival rules and regulations. BAIFF reserves the right to modify these rules and regulations at any time without prior notice.
13. Disputes: Any disputes arising from the participation in BAIFF will be resolved according to the current Italian regulations and the competent court will be the Court of Venice.
14. Awards: BAIFF will award prizes to films selected by the festival’s programming team. The prizes will be announced during the festival’s award ceremony, and the winners will be notified in advance.
15. Screening Schedule: BAIFF reserves the right to determine the screening schedule of films selected for the festival.
16. Attendance: Filmmakers whose films are selected for BAIFF are strongly encouraged to attend the festival. However, attendance is not mandatory, and filmmakers who cannot attend will not be penalized.
17. Accommodation and Travel: BAIFF does not provide travel or accommodation for filmmakers attending the festival. However, the festival can provide advice and assistance in finding suitable accommodation and transportation.
18. Confidentiality: BAIFF will keep all films submitted to the festival confidential and will not share them with third parties, except for the festival’s programming team and jury members.
19. Promotion: Filmmakers selected for BAIFF are encouraged to promote their participation in the festival through their social media channels, press releases, and other promotional materials.
20. Feedback: BAIFF’s programming team is unable to provide feedback on films that are not selected for the festival due to the high volume of submissions.
21. Compliance with Laws: The filmmaker agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright laws and regulations related to the use of minors in film productions.
22. Severability: If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
By submitting a film to BAIFF, the filmmaker acknowledges that they have read, understood, and agreed to all of the terms and conditions outlined above. Any questions or concerns regarding these terms and conditions should be directed to the festival’s organizers.